MAITLAND COMMUNITY CARE SERVICES
Maitland Community Care Services offers a local team of qualified, well-trained people who are local and in your area. Our team supports older Australians through My Aged Care to continue living at home, in a safe and familiar setting, with support tailored to fully meet needs. We also support people living with disabilities through the NDIS, to continue living a meaningful life in their home, surrounded by friends, family and the community they know and love.
Services offered cover a wide and practical range and are designed to provide the right level of support to help our clients live the life they want. Support is tailored and planned around the person and their unique requirements and needs.
NDIS – The Independent Life
If you are under 65 and living with disabilities, wanting to live your best life and achieve all your goals, we can partner you to achieve that with support uniquely designed around you. We can support you with our team of police-checked staff and volunteers to reach your goals and enjoy your life through the right level of support and care.
We will also keep up with changes in your life so that you can always be confident and feel fully supported. We can help you to get your plan reviewed annually so that you can always count on having the right level of support as your needs change.
We offer a great range of practical services including the following:
- A support coordinator who will be familiar with your unique needs to act on your behalf and ensure that you are assigned services right for your needs*
- Provide you with dignified assistance to shower, get dressed and ready so that you can always look and feel your best
- Support you to take your medication
- Help with meal preparation so that you can look forward to tasty meals
- Help you to learn how to use public transport to become independent
- Keep your home tidy and safe by providing a help with laundry, vacuuming, mopping, dusting and cleaning
We can also provide you with the following support* to add quality to your life:
- Home modifications including rails and ramps so that you be confident to move safely around your home environment
- Help to get a wheelchair or scooter prescription through our qualified occupational therapists for improved safety and accessibility
- Therapeutic support focussed on achieving personal independence in movement through our team of occupational therapists
- Help you reach goals like getting your driver’s licence, volunteering in the community, learning to cook and looking after your home, all to improve your independence
- Add value through social and community initiatives and involvement for quality of life
Our teams are there to support you in living your life well and we take pride in helping you reach all your goals for personal fulfilment.
Aged Care Support You Can Trust
Senior Australians aged 65 plus and 50 plus ATSI are supported to stay living at home through the Commonwealth Home Support Program, also known as CHSP.
This program enables older Australians to live at home in safety and with comfort, enjoying their life and receiving quality support.
Support covers providing transport for shopping, performing household chores, preparing the meals you like, taking care of personal grooming including showering and dressing and home and yard maintenance to keep your inside and outside home environment tidy and safe.
If you need more than basic support, you may be eligible for a Home Care Package. These packages are flexible and available in 4 levels to match the need of the person in providing the best services suited to their needs.
We provide a wide range of services focussed on older people living at home.
- Assisting you with your personal care needs like showering, washing and drying your hair, shaving and dressing so that you can look and feel your best.
- Helping with household chores like mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen, doing the laundry and ironing.
- Meal preparation so that you can still enjoy your favourite home-cooked meals.
- Social support to keep you engaged and socially fulfilled.
- Transport and support with shopping and getting to appointments.
- Personal safety needs and equipment.
- Garden and lawn care.
- Modification to your home to enable mobility and safety.
- Support with joining Health and Wellbeing Programs to enable living your best life.
With us you can enjoy a rich and fulfilled life as you grow older, knowing that our team will be there to support your needs by providing you with care and support you can trust.
Enjoying Meals on Wheels
Our dedicated team is committed to providing you with nutritious and tasty meals to enjoy in the comfort of your own home. Our ready-to-heat meals meet the nutritional guidelines for older Australians so that you can enjoy peace of mind in knowing that it is good for you.
We provide seasonal meals including your favourite cuisines from all around the world. Menus are extensive and cover the following:
- Strict hygiene and infection control protocols for your safety
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as soups and dessert for your enjoyment
- Gluten-free options available
- We cater for vegetarians
- Puree options
- Meals directly delivered to your door
- Fully trained, police-checked team members
- No hidden contracts
- Meal options to match your need
- Menus available for downloading online
We have your meals fully covered so that you can enjoy your life.
Why Choose Maitland Community Care Services?
We insist on qualified staff and our entire team is police-checked to provide you with peace of mind. We have no shareholders and being a not-for-profit organisation, we can channel all our resources into ongoing training for our staff, providing our clients with service excellence and delivering support services meet your needs.
We are situated on Wonnarua land and committed to reconciliation. We are inclusive of diversity.
We have a strong workplace culture. This means we can attract and keep a professional team of staff who are qualified, kind and caring.
Call our friendly team today to start a conversation around receiving quality support to remain in your home and community. We look forward partnering you in all your care needs.
Maitland Community Care Services the following locations.
Meals on Wheels
My Aged Care packages support