YOUR NEEDS ARE OUR BUSINESS
Maitland Community Care Services in Heddon Greta proudly specialises in providing people with quality support to stay living in the familiar environment of their own home. Our police-checked and Covid-19 vaccinated team is trained to the highest standards, to provide our clients with the support they need to stay living at home.
Our resources and funds are channelled into training our staff, made possible by the fact that we are a not-for-profit organisation with no shareholders. Our strong workplace culture enables us to attract and keep a team of great people.
Our support and care services are always formulated around your unique needs and are designed to provide practical support to you in a safe and familiar setting.
Your NDIS Services
People living with disabilities under 65 may be eligible for support through the National Disability Insurance Scheme. An NDIS Support Plan is an individual plan designed to help the person live their best life, as independently as possible. Your support coordinator (or you or a family member) will manage your services and make the most of your Support Plan. Your needs will be met with the right degree of support to help you reach your personal goals.
We can help you with support in the following areas:
- Assistance with grooming including showering, dressing and shaving to look your best
- Meal Preparation
- Support with taking your medication
- Home modifications to make your house safe and easy to move around in
- Household help support for a safe and tidy home
- Support to use public transport
- Support to get your driver’s licence
- Therapeutic support to achieve personal independence
- Wheelchair or scooter prescriptions
- Support to master social media and electronic devices like your iPad or smartphone
- A hand to start volunteering and joining community initiatives
- Developing personal skills like cooking and cleaning
We will make sure we stay connected to you so we are aware of any changes in your life, and making sure you to continue receiving the best mix of services and level of support for your needs.
Quality Support for Senior Australians
Senior Australians aged 65 plus and 50 plus ATSI can look forward to continuing living at home through the CHSP or Commonwealth Home Support Program.
Quality support and compassionate care offered through this program means older Australians can continue to live in the comfort and familiarity of their own homes.
The program offers the following kinds of practical support:
- Personal Care to assist you with showers, dressing, shaving, washing hair and dressing in the comfort of your own home.
- Transport to carry out shopping and get to appointments.
- Yard maintenance to keep everything tidy and safe.
- Help with preparing meals to keep you healthy and well-nourished.
- Household tasks to keep your home neat, tidy and safe, including vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, mopping and laundry.
A Home Care Package varying between Levels 1 – 4 can be qualified for if your care needs are more complex. Home Care Packages vary in terms of hours available for services and support to provide the following services for clients in Heddon Greta:
- Household help including vacuuming, mopping cleaning the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom etc.
- In-home Nursing
- Medication support
- Garden and Lawn Care
- Personal Care
- Meal Preparation
- Support with shopping
- Personal Safety Needs
- Support with Health and Wellbeing Program participation
The team at Maitland Community Care Services can provide you with support uniquely designed around you. We will partner with you to achieve great care outcomes so you can stay living in your home.
A Tasty Bite from Meals on Wheels
The Meals on Wheels team in Heddon Greta is police-checked and fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Maitland Meals on Wheels meals meet strict hygiene and infection control protocols for your health and safety.
Our ready to heat meals will introduce you to nutritious options which meet the nutritional guideline set by the Australian Government so that you can enjoy great food knowing that it is also good for you.
We offer the following:
- Vegetarian options, pureed meals and gluten-free choices
- You can choose from breakfast, lunch and dinner options with tasty soups and delicious desserts as well.
- Our meal sizes are matched to your appetite and need.
- There are no hidden contracts, you can order as often or as little as you like, and our meals are delivered by a police-checked team for your safety and security.
We are Waiting for Your Call
Our dedicated team of locals in Heddon Greta is waiting for your call.
With our support, you can enjoy living in your home and this will give you peace of mind for years to come. You can rest assured that our quality staff will take you through it all and that all your questions will be answered. Make the call today and get the process started.