Experience Fulfilled Living at Home
Maitland Community Care Services is an organisation specialising in providing people with quality support to experience fulfilled living in the familiar environment of their own homes in Abermain.
Our resources and funds are channelled into training our staff, made possible by the fact that we are a not-for-profit organisation with no shareholders.
Our police-checked team is trained to the highest standards, to provide our clients with the support they need to stay living at home. Our entire team is fully Covid-19 vaccinated.
We are proud of our strong workplace culture. This means we can attract and keep a team of the highest standard.
Our team is fully committed to reconciliation, and we are inclusive
Aging to Perfection
Senior Australians aged 65 plus and 50 plus ATSI can look forward to continuing to live at home through the CHSP or Commonwealth Home Support Program. This program is subsidised by the government, meaning you pay about 25% of the cost of your in-home care.
Support includes the following practical things that we need to do either day-to-day or on a regular basis:
- Meal preparation
- Yard maintenance
- Household help including laundry
A Home Care Package, also known as HCP is used to support more complex needs. HCPs range from Level 1 to 4 and are designed with the person to meet their support needs:
- Help with household chores
- In-home Nursing and allied health e.g. physiotherapy
- Personal care e.g. showering, dressing, grooming
- Meal preparation
- Social support
- Personal safety needs e.g. alarms
- Garden and Lawn care
- Home modifications including ramps and rails
- Health and wellbeing support
- Equipment to make things easier (e.g. walkers, aids etc)
Care & Support to Live your Best Life
People living with disabilities under the age of 65 in Abermain can be fully partnered through the National Disability Insurance Scheme to achieve all their life goals and live the life they deserve.
Your support coordinator (or you or a family member) will manage your services and make the most of your care plan. Your needs will be carefully met with the right degree of support to help you reach your personal goals.
We can help you with the following:
- Assistance with grooming including showering, dressing and shaving to look and feel your best.
- Support with taking your medication
- Meal preparation
- Domestic support for a safe and tidy home
- Home modifications to move around confidently and with safety
- Therapeutic support to achieve personal independence
- Wheelchair or scooter prescriptions
- Training and assistance to use public transport
- Support to get your driver’s licence
- Help to start volunteering and joining community initiatives
- A hand with mastering social media and electronic devices like your smartphone or iPad
- Developing personal skills like cooking and cleaning
You can count on our support and care to develop and grow your life to become as independent as possible and make the most out of life.
Meals with a Difference
Our dedicated team is committed to providing you with nutritious and tasty meals to enjoy in the comfort of your own home. Our ready-to-heat meals meet the nutritional guidelines for older Australians so that you can enjoy peace of mind in knowing that it is good for you.
We provide seasonal meals including your favourite cuisines from all around the world brought to your door in Abermain. Menus are extensive and cover the following:
- Strict hygiene and infection control protocols for your safety
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner as well as soups and dessert for your enjoyment
- Gluten-free options available
- We cater for vegetarians
- Puree options
- Meals directly delivered to your door
- Fully trained, police-checked team members
- No hidden contracts
- Meal options to match your need
- Menus available for downloading online
We have your meals fully covered so that you can enjoy your life.
A Call can Change your Life
We look forward to supporting you in the safe and familiar surroundings of your own home in Abermain. Take the first step by making a call and reaching out to start a conversation.
A friendly team member is waiting for your call and will welcome the opportunity to answer all your questions. Your needs are important to us, and we look forward to hearing from you. A single call can change your entire life, so why wait? Call us today.