Experience Fulfilled Living with MCCS
Maitland Community Care Services in Chisolm proudly specialises in providing people with quality support to stay living in the familiar environment of their own home. Our police-checked and Covid-19 vaccinated team is trained to the highest standards, to provide our clients with the support they need to stay living at home.
Our support and care services are always formulated around your unique needs and are designed to provide practical support to you in a safe and familiar setting.
The Right Degree of Support – NDIS
An NDIS Support Plan is an individual plan designed to help the person live their best life, as independently as possible. This Support Plan aims to provide support to people living with disabilities under 65, through the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Your support coordinator (or you or a family member) will manage your services and make the most of the Support Plan.
Your needs will be met with the right degree of support to help you reach your personal goals.
Support can be provided in the following area of life:
- Assistance with grooming including showering, dressing and shaving to look your best
- Meal Preparation
- Support with taking your medication
- Home modifications to make your house safe and easy to move around in
- Household help support for a safe and tidy home
- Support to use public transport
- Support to get your driver’s licence
- Therapeutic support to achieve personal independence
- Wheelchair or scooter prescriptions
- Support to master social media and electronic devices like your iPad or smartphone
- A hand to start volunteering and joining community initiatives
- Developing personal skills like cooking and cleaning
You can expect that we will stay connected to you so that we are aware of any changes in your life and making sure that you receive the right degree of support.
Great Meals that are Good for You
Our Meals on Wheels team is police-checked and fully vaccinated against Covid-19, meeting the strict hygiene and infection control protocols for your health and safety. We offer the following in Chisolm:
- Vegetarian options, pureed meals and gluten-free choices
- You can choose from breakfast, lunch and dinner options with tasty soups and delicious desserts as well.
- Our meal sizes are matched to your appetite and need.
- There are no hidden contracts, you can order as often or as little as you like, and our meals are delivered by a police-checked team for your safety and security.
Support to Provide Comfort and Safety
Senior Australians aged 65 plus and 50 plus ATSI can look forward to continuing to live at home through the CHSP or Commonwealth Home Support Program. This program is subsidised by the government, meaning you pay about 25% of the cost of your in-home care.
Support includes the following practical things that we need to do either day-to-day or on a regular basis:
- Meal preparation
- Yard maintenance
- Household help including laundry
A Home Care Package, also known as HCP, is used to support more complex needs. HCPs range from Level 1 to 4 and are designed with the person to meet their support needs.
What does this mean:
- Help with household chores
- In-home Nursing and allied health e.g. physiotherapy
- Personal care e.g. showering, dressing, grooming
- Meal preparation
- Social support
- Personal safety needs e.g. alarms
- Garden and Lawn care
- Home modifications including ramps and rails
- Health and wellbeing support
- Equipment to make things easier (e.g. walkers, aids etc)
Consider Calling Us Today
Our dedicated team of locals in Chisolm is standing by, waiting for your call.
With our support, you can enjoy living in your home and this will give you peace of mind for years to come. You can rest assured that our quality staff will take you through it all and that all your questions will be answered.