MCCS Providing Local Support for You
Maitland Community Care Services has been supporting the people of Lambs Valley and the Maitland region for over 35 years. We will partner with you to achieve great care outcomes so you can stay living in your home.
We have a professional and passionate team of police-checked people who are dedicated to helping you achieve all your goals. Our support is designed around you and we want to help you to enjoy your life through exactly the right level of care and support.
- All our team members are qualified in aged and/or disability care
- We provide ongoing training to make sure our team is up to date
- Everyone in the organisation is police-checked team to provide you with peace of mind.
- A strong workplace culture means we attract and keep quality staff.
- We are committed to reconciliation.
- We are inclusive of diversity.
- We are a team of locals, so you know we are just around the corner when you give us a call, and we know exactly where you want to go and how to get there.
Living at Home with Confidence
Senior Australians aged 65 plus and 50 plus ATSI can look forward to continuing to live at home through the CHSP or Commonwealth Home Support Program. This program is subsidised by the government, meaning you pay about 25% of the cost of your in-home care.
Support includes the following practical things that we need to do either day-to-day or on a regular basis:
- Meal preparation
- Yard maintenance
- Household help including laundry
A Home Care Package, also known as HCP, is used to support more complex needs. HCPs range from Level 1 to 4 and are designed with the person to meet their support needs.
What does this mean?
You can receive help with household chores. You can be supported with In-home Nursing and Allied Health for example; Physiotherapy. We can take care of your personal care needs and help you shower, dress and groom. You can count on us for meal support and social support too. We can support you with transport to get to appointments and look after your personal safety needs for example alarms. We can also help to keep your lawn and yard tidy. You can rely on us to help you with home modifications including ramps and rails and we will help you to source equipment to make your life easier, for example walkers etc.
Home Care Packages vary in terms of hours available for services and support to match your specific care needs.
Enjoy mealtime the Meals on Wheels Way
We offer vegetarian options, pureed meals and gluten-free choices, as well as your usual favourites. You can choose from breakfast, lunch and dinner options with tasty soups and delicious desserts as well.
Our meal sizes are matched to your appetite and need. There are no hidden contracts, you can order as often or as little as you like, and our meals are delivered by a police-checked team for your safety and security.
Our Meals on Wheels team in Lambs Valley delivers frozen ready-to-heat meals right to your doorstep for your enjoyment.
Our meals meet all the nutritional guidelines set by the Australian Government so that you can enjoy mealtime with food that is nutritious, tasty and good for you.
Living your Best Independent Life - NDIS
An NDIS Support Plan is an individual plan designed to help the person live their best life, as independently as possible. This Support Plan aims to provide support to people living with disabilities under 65, through the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Your support coordinator (or you or a family member) will manage your services and make the most of the Support Plan.
Your needs will be met with the right degree of support to help you reach your personal goals.
Support can be provided in the following area of life:
- Assistance with grooming including showering, dressing and shaving to look your best
- Meal Preparation
- Support with taking your medication
- Home modifications to make your house safe and easy to move around in
- Household help support for a safe and tidy home
- Support to use public transport
- Support to get your driver’s licence
We can also assist with:
- Therapeutic support to achieve personal independence
- Wheelchair or scooter prescriptions
- Support to master social media and electronic devices like your iPad or smartphone
- A hand to start volunteering and joining community initiatives
- Developing personal skills like cooking and cleaning
Reach Out Today
Reach out to our friendly Lambs Valley team to start a conversation.
We are waiting for your call and look forward to the opportunity of discussing your needs.
Our team is fully trained, committed and passionate about what we do.
We look forward to supporting you in the safe and familiar setting of your own home. Call us today to see how we can help.