A Journey of Quality Support with MCCS
Maitland Community Care Services is an organisation with strong workplace culture. This means we can attract and keep a team of the highest standard. Our team is fully committed to reconciliation and trained to the highest standards to provide our clients with the support they need to stay living at home in Kurri Kurri in the Hunter Valley.
Our resources and funds are channeled into training our staff, made possible by the fact that we are a not-for-profit organisation with no shareholders. Our team is fully committed and specialised in providing people with quality support to experience a good journey as they grow older in the familiar environment of their own homes.
NDIS – Support Services You can Trust
Maitland Community Care Services will team up with you to help you live your best life. If you are under 65 and living with disabilities, we can help you to enjoy life with the perfect mix of care and supportive services to enable that.
We will make sure we stay abreast of changes in your life, enabling you to continue receiving the best mix of services and level of support for your needs. Your support coordinator is dedicated and passionate and will help you with your annual review so that you can continue fulfilling your life goals and objectives.
Your perfect mix could be any of the following services combined in a range of appropriate services.
- Wheelchair or scooter prescriptions
- Training and assistance to use public transport
- Support to get your driver’s licence
- Help to start volunteering and joining community initiatives
- A hand with mastering social media and electronic devices like your smartphone or iPad
- Developing personal skills to suit your strengths like cleaning and cooking
We support you with the following as well:
- Assistance with grooming including showering, dressing and shaving to look and feel your best.
- Support with taking your medication
- Meal preparation
- Domestic support for a safe and tidy home
- Home modifications to move around confidently and with safety
- Therapeutic support to achieve personal independence
Tasty Meals with a Difference
You may have heard about Meals on Wheels and are keen to learn more about these handy and nutritious meals, delivered throughout Kurri Kurri to your front door and ready-to-heat and enjoy. You can choose from a wide range of cuisines from all over the world.
The difference when you order your meals from us is:
- No hidden contracts
- Strict hygiene and infection controls in place to provide full peace of mind
- Gluten-free meals
- Vegetarian options available to select from
- Meals covering breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Nutritious soups and delicious desserts to choose from
- Puree options
- Easy payment options
Our menu is online and can be downloaded.
The Home Care Package for You
The Australian Government subsides the Commonwealth Home Support Program. This means you pay about 25% of the cost of your in-home care.
This is also known as CHSP and includes a range of practical services to help you with a scope of everything things for example.
- Taking a shower
- Getting dressed
- Preparing a meal
- Maintaining your yard
- Shopping for food
- Transport somewhere
- Help with household chores like laundry
HCP or a Home Care Package is used to support clients with more complex needs and vary between levels 1 – 4.
The package is designed to help meet the person’s support needs and include:
- Household chores
- In-home Nursing and allied health e.g. physiotherapy
- Personal care eg showering, dressing, grooming
- Garden and Lawn care
- Home modifications including ramps and rails
- Health and wellbeing support
- Equipment to make things easier (e.g. walkers, aids etc)
- Meal preparation
- Social support
- Personal safety needs e.g. alarms
Our police-checked and Covid-19 vaccinated team is trained to the highest standards, to provide our clients with the support they need to stay independent in Kurri Kurri.
All it Takes is One Call
Our dedicated team of locals in Kurri Kurri is waiting for your call.
With our support, you can enjoy living in your home and this will give you peace of mind for years to come. You can rest assured that our quality staff will take you through it all and that all your questions will be answered.
Make the call and get the process started today.