Ongoing Opportunities for Support Workers
All new Support Workers (including new traineeships) are eligible for a $1000 cash incentive; ($500 to welcome you and $500 after successfully completing your first six months)
Spanning across four locations in the Hunter and the Central Coast, we’re a big organisation loaded with career opportunities, ranging from entry-level and traineeships to corporate and executive roles.
As an award-winning workplace, we deliver in-home aged and disability care services, including household help, personal care, respite, shopping, allied therapies, nursing, transport, home modifications, and maintenance.
We put our people and clients first, and through our programs, we support thousands of Australians to remain living safely and independently in their homes and the local community.
About the role
Our Support Workers work with our clients in their homes throughout all areas of the Maitland community, providing support with practical activities.
Community Support Worker tasks:
- Assistance with personal care
- Social support
- Meal preparation
- Light housework
- Medication assistance
- Transport to a medical appointment
Domestic Support Worker tasks:
- General cleaning
- General laundry
- Unaccompanied shopping from a client’s list
We are looking for passionate and caring individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of our clients (older people or people living with disability) and support them to live at home independently. You can either choose to undertake a traineeship (Individual Support) or have completed a Certificate in Individual Support, Aged Care or Disability.
You must also have:
- A First Aid Certificate (or will obtain)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- NSW Driver Licence
- A current, reliable, well-presented vehicle with comprehensive insurance cover
- Current Working with Children Check and an NDIS Worker Screening Check (or will obtain)
- Evidence of COVID-19 Vaccinations (including COVID-19 Booster)
- Evidence of protection against infectious diseases: Diphtheria, Measles, Hepatitis B, Pertussis, Mumps, Varicella, Tetanus, Rubella, Tuberculosis (Influenza is recommended)
Why work with us?
- Guaranteed hours
- Fully paid traineeship opportunities
- Competitive hourly rate + paid travel time + paid kilometres (0.92 / kilometre)
- Eligible for $15,900 not-for-profit salary packaging plus a $2,600 meal entertainment card annually
- Continuous learning and development opportunities to build a personalised career pathway
- Employees are also provided with a mobile phone, a uniform, access to flexible working conditions, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and a paid ADSSI day
We support diversity and inclusion in all our workplaces. Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people with a multicultural background, people who live with disability or members of the LGBTIQ community.
How to apply
Complete the below form.
For further information, please contact Venessa Eckford on (02) 4932 5755.
We are situated on Darkinjung, Wonnarua, Awabakal and Gringai lands and acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of these lands. We pay our respects to the Elders, past, present and future, and recognise their continuing connection and contribution to this land.
We are looking for passionate and caring individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of our clients (older people or people living with disability) and support them to live at home independently.