Important message regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
20 March, 2020
Dear Valued Clients,
I am writing to inform and reassure you about what MCCS is doing to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of all our valued clients, staff and volunteers in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our services support our clients every day to stay living safely and happily at home. At difficult times like this, our services will be even more important so that clients can continue to lead their usual daily lives as much as they can, supported by staff that they know and an organisation that they can trust. Please be assured that we will only send staff to you that have been appropriately health-screened and who have received training on infection control.
If you require different/changed services, please call and let us know or talk with staff when they come to your house to provide your usual service. We are here to help.
MCCS has put in place many strategies to allow us to continue services and keep you safe;
- We continue to monitor the situation daily and take advice from the Australian Government’s Department of Health and other government agencies as the situation changes.
- Staff have completed training on How to protect yourself and the people you are caring for from infection with COVID-19
- Unwell staff or volunteers are required to stay at home
- Staff will continue to use standard infection control precautions including the use of gloves and handwashing as normal practice
- All social outings, groups, activities, wellbeing programs and events have been postponed until further notice
- We have introduced more stringent hygiene protocols for both drivers and passengers, on all transport services
- Precautions in our offices include increased hand washing, cleaning and social distancing
- Where possible office-based staff are working from home
- We will regularly ask you questions about contact with anyone from overseas, contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 and if you have any cold or flu like symptoms. This is to help keep our staff safe.
We trust that you understand that the above actions have been taken to protect you, our staff and volunteers and the general community by doing as much as we can to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
There are also ways you can help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Know the symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue
- If you or someone in your home is unwell, please call and we will reschedule your service
- If you fit the specific requirements for self-isolation including recent international travel, or contact with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID -19, you are required to self-isolate for 14 days
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Cough into the crook of your elbow not into your hands, or, use a tissue, dispose of it carefully then wash your hands
- Talk to you GP about a flu shot – it will be more important this year than previously.
If you have any queries, please call us on 02 4932 5755.
Stay safe and well,
With best wishes
Chief Executive Officer
For more information on how we are ensuring our clients, staff and volunteers stay well, along with how you can help, please click on the link MCCS_Covid19 Client Handout
CONTACT US TODAY FOR MORE INFORMATION
We are committed to reconciliation through our Reconciliation Action Plan. Artwork (above at right): Mundoe-Nurra, by Kevin Duncan.
We affirm the right to equality, respect and fairness for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) clients, staff and volunteers.